Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Foundation festival part 3: L’Oreal foundations

L’Oreal is one of the most expensive drugstore brands so of course I always expect the best of it. I tried 3 foundations so far and I must say I wasn’t very impressed with 2 of them.

(Just a little bit of information about my skin: I have mostly dry skin with occasionally oily T-zone. Some acne here and there, acne scars, large pores and few wrinkles. Colour shade NW20 in MAC foundations.
What I expect from a foundation: medium coverage, good longevity (more than 7 hours), smoothing my skin texture (hiding pores and acne scars) as well as not accentuating dry patches.)


L'Oreal foundations: True Match, Nude Magique and Lumi Magique

TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION 

Price: depends where you buy it, it can go from 10€ to 16€ for 30 ml.

Scent: it has make-up scent.

Shades: the colour choice in US is amazing, it is offered in 29 shades!!! In Europe however it is very poor selection, here in Belgium around 8 shades, in Slovakia around 13. Mine is in colour W2 Golden Vanilla which is a good match for me in winter. I bought it in UK since this shade is not available in continental Europe. What a shame. I used the foundation mainly for mixing it with other foundations with good formula but wrong shade.

Texture and finish: it has liquid texture, it is best applied with fingers or brush. It gives semi matt finish, skin looks quite natural. It is suitable for normal to slightly dry skin as it doesn’t cling to the dry patches very much.

Coverage: almost medium, evens out the skin tone and covers some small imperfections.

Longevity: it is not very long-lasting on my skin, only about 5 hours and then it starts to break, especially on my T-zone.

True Match foundation by L'Oreal

Tru Match foundation in colour W2 Golden Vanilla

LUMI MAGIQUE FOUNDATION

Price: from 10€ to 16€ for 30 ml.

Scent: it doesn’t have any scent.

Shades: 12 shades in US, in Europe around 8 shades. Mine is in colour W3 Gold Linen which is darker than my skin tone and I wished I could find W2 (if it exists). I use this foundation mainly in the summer when I’m selftanned.

Texture and finish: it has cream texture, easy to apply, with fingers, brush or sponge. It gives luminous finish (but not crazy luminous) and smoothes out the skin texture. Skin looks healthy and beautiful. It is suitable for normal to dry skin.

Coverage: medium, evens out the skin tone and covers some imperfections.

Longevity: it lasts very long for me, about 10 hours. It is not very common to find a luminous foundation with a long lasting property.

Lumi Magique by L'Oreal

Lumi Magique in colour W3 Gold Linen

NUDE MAGIQUE FOUNDATION (IN US: MAGIC NUDE LIQUID POWDER BARE SKIN PERFECTING MAKEUP)

I won’t write too much about it as it is similar to Lancome Miracle Air de teint that I reviewed some time ago.

Price: from 10€ to 16€ for 30 ml.

Scent: it has light make-up scent with hint of alcohol.

Shades: 18 shades in US, in Europe around 8 shades. Mine is in colour 110 Warm Ivory which is slightly darker than my skin tone but it is usable with little bit more of highlighting and less bronzing.

Texture and finish: it has liquid texture, you have to shake it before use it. It is best applied with fingers. The finish is matt yet looking quite natural. The skin looks like you've powdered it. I don’t recommend it to dry skin girls, it is more suitable for normal skin.

Coverage: medium, evens out the skin tone and covers some imperfections.

Longevity: it lasts only for 5 hours so I use it mainly when I know I won’t stay out for long time.

Nude Magique by L'Oreal

Nude Magique in colour 110 Warm Ivory
Final verdict: True match doesn’t have enough of coverage or longevity and Nude Magique doesn’t stay for long time as well. Those two won’t stay in my collection. On the other hand Lumi Magique is another Holy Grail foundation; it is such a pity that I cannot find my winter shade. It looks so nice on the skin even when it’s dry and stays on for long time so it’s perfect for long working days. I love it!

Related articles:
Foundation festival part 1: Yves Rocher foundations
Foundation festival part 2: Dermacol foundations

Foundation festival part 4: some average drugstore foundations
Foundation festival part 5: some better drugstore foundations (but not my favorites)
Foundation festival part 6: my favorite drugstore foundations