Monday, December 8, 2014

Foundation festival part 1: Yves Rocher foundations

As I’m in the process of cleaning my makeup collection before the end of year, I realized that I have quite a lot of foundations in my collection that I tested some time ago and made some notes without actually publishing them. Now, as I’m trying to free some space in foundation drawer I figured out it would be good idea to give you some quick reviews before I throw them or give them away. They are all drugstore price foundations and I will write about them all week, I hope you’ll enjoy it.

(Just a little bit of information about my skin: I have mostly dry skin with occasionally oily T-zone. Some acne here and there, acne scars, large pores and few wrinkles. Colour shade NW20 in MAC foundations.
What I expect from a foundation: medium coverage, good longevity (more than 7 hours), smoothing my skin texture (hiding pores and acne scars) as well as not accentuating dry patches.)

Today I would like to focus on Yves Rocher foundations. You can buy them only in Yves Rocher shops (not in the drugstore) but since their prices are budget friendly (when on 50% off sale) I thought it would be interesting to present them.

Yves Rocher foundations: Flawless finish fluid foundation, Matte fluid foundation, Comfort Cream foudation and deluxe sample of Pure light foundation

COMFORT CREAM FOUNDATION

Price:
11,95€ for 40ml (in Slovak YR 15,90€).

Scent: it has floral scent.

Shades: 8 shades, mine is in shade 100 Very light beige which is my winter colour, it has warm undertone which is perfect for me.

Texture and finish: it has thick cream texture (something like Nivea in white pot) and it is best applied with the fingers or sponge. It smoothes out the skin, doesn’t accentuate dry patches and gives the skin luminous finish.

Coverage: light coverage which is little bit buildable. It evens out the skin tone but doesn’t cover pimples.

Longevity: it lasts only 3-4 hours after that it starts to break down and the skin looks quit dry and patchy (which was surprising, due to its texture I expected to be more moisturising).

Yves Rocher Comfort cream foundation

Yves Rocher Comfort cream foundation in colour 100 Very light beige

FLAWLESS FINISH FLUID FOUNDATION 

Price: 11,95€ for 30ml (in Slovak YR 14,50€).

Scent: it has a scent of the Anise (or rather a smell of candy with Anise flavour) which I personally hate. It goes away after a while but it is not a nice experience during the application.

Shades: 11 shades (8 in Slovak YR), mine is in shade 100 Very light beige, it is warm tone beige which is perfect for me in winter.

Texture and finish: it has light cream texture that is easy to apply (fingers, brush or sponge, all works well). The finish is little bit luminous; you can get semi-matt by powdering it.

Coverage: light to medium coverage which was surprising to me since the foundation is supposed to give you flawless look.

Longevity: It looks flawless for about 5 hours and then it starts to break here and there. The skin looks afterwards worse than without the foundation, you can see everything even more: pimples, wrinkles and dry patches.

Yves Rocher Flawless finish fluid foundation

Yves Rocher Flawless finish fluid foundation in colour 100 Very light beige

PURE LIGHT FOUNDATION

Price: 12,95€ for 30ml (in Slovak YR 17,40€!!!)

Scent: it has light scent, little bit of Anise but not as strong as in Flawless fluid foundation.

Shades: 11 shades (I didn’t find number of shades in Slovak YR), mine is 200 Light Beige which is darker than what I wear when I’m not selftanned so lighter shade or mix of two shades would be better for me.

Texture and finish: it is liquid foundation that is best applied with fingers. It has luminous finish which can be turned into semi-matt if you powder it. It is suitable for normal to dry skin as it looks well even when you have dry patches, on the other hand if you are oily, you may need to touch up your T-zone after about 4-5 hours. It really looks like there is nothing on the skin.

Coverage: light coverage, little bit buildable. I personally powder it with powder foundation to increase the coverage to medium. It evens out the skin tone and small imperfections but doesn’t cover pimples (which is ok with me, I use concealer).

Longevity: it lasts about 7 hours and then starts to fade away but everywhere simultaneously so it doesn’t leave behind any colour patches.

Yves Rocher Pure light foundation (foto credit: Yves Rocher website)

Yves Rocher Pure light foundation in colour 200 Light beige

MATTE FLUID FOUNDATION

Price: 11,95€ for 30ml (in Slovak YR 12,20€).

Scent: is has light floral scent.

Shades: 6 shades, I have two shades: 100 Very light beige and 200 Light Beige.

Texture and finish: it is very liquid foundation, it reminds me of Chanel Vita Lumiere, you have to shake it before using it. Apply it either with the fingers or brush, I don’t recommend sponges since it would soak up too much product. The finish is semi-matt so don’t expect it to be super matt even though the foundation name suggests it.

Coverage: light to medium coverage which is buildable to some extent. It evens out the skin tone and covers some imperfections.

Longevity: it lasts for about 8 hours, and then starts to fade away (nicely).

Yves Rocher Matte fluid foundation

Yves Rocher Matte fluid foundation in colour 200 Light beige and 100 Very light beige

Final verdict: Out of these 4 foundations I really like Pure Light foundation and Matte fluid one (last two make-ups in this post). I will keep these two foundations in my collection. The other two don’t have good longevity and the skin looks worse at the end of their wear than without and that is the main reason I don’t recommend them and they are going out of my collection. Yves Rocher has few more foundations which I haven’t tried yet so maybe in the future I will test and review them as well.

Related articles:
Foundation festival part 2: Dermacol foundations
Foundation festival part 3: L’Oreal foundations

Foundation festival part 4: some average drugstore foundations
Foundation festival part 5: some better drugstore foundations (but not my favorites)
Foundation festival part 6: my favorite drugstore foundations